Thursday, August 7, 2014

Creamy Tomato Soup


So I had been craving Zupa's - but we don't have that down here. I also ended up with some extra heavy cream from a different recipe I had made and hated to waste it. So instead I looked up a couple recipes, adapted them to fit what we would like and came up with this.

Chase has already asked me to make it twice since and said it might be the most satisfying thing I've ever made - not sure if it gets better than that, and it took care of my Zupa's craving :)

Creamy Tomato Soup

Ingredients:
1 can of family sized Campbell's Tomato Soup
1 can(^) of milk
Small can of diced/crushed tomatoes (I like the ones with basil)
1/2 - 1 Cup of heavy cream

Directions:
In a large pot over medium heat pour in the tomato soup, and the can of milk. Pour in tomatoes and use an immersion blender to blend them to a smooth consistency (or blend in a blender, then pour in). Add cream to desired creaminess - I lean towards the full cup. Stir occasionally until it reaches desired heat.

Serve with grilled cheese, sliced baguette, oyster crackers, shredded cheese, whatever sounds good to you!

Leftovers were great the next couple of days and it was also really easy to make enough for friends coming over for dinner!

Love you both!

Loves, Jord

2 comments:

  1. Oh! Our landlady has grown us a lovely garden-getting full of fresh tomatoes! I think I'd love to use fresh instead of canned. Luckily she has also planted us fresh basil so ya know.... I can finally find a use for our overstock of produce!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure those would be way better than the store bought ones! I debated doing that, then ran out of time, you'll have to let me know how it turns out!

      Delete