Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Chicken Salad Sandwhiches

A couple months back I hit  recipe rut. I'd made Nate my "standard" meals. The Chicken Roll Ups, the Stroganoff, etc. I was desperate. Plus, it was getting pretty hot-and who wants to really cook in the middle of a hot summer.

Luckily at about that time Natalie sent me an e-mail full of recipes. It was heaven sent.

The first recipe I made from the e-mail was called Sonoma Chicken Salad Sandwiches-and we LOVED it! It was an easy, delicious, quick recipe.

And since I love you two so dearly-he it is:

Sonoma Chicken Salad Sandwiches 

Ingredients
3 1/2 cups cooked shredded chicken (I usually boil 2 or 3 breasts, then shred it in my Kitchen Aid)
1 cup diced celery (2-3 stalks)
1 1/2 cups chopped grapes (I cut the grapes in half, or quarters)
3 Tbs finely grated Parmesan cheese
Bread (I use Costco Croissants)

Dressing
2/3 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup apple juice
3 Tbs honey
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp onion powder
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste


In a large bowl mix together chicken, celery, grapes and Parmesan. In a separate bowl whisk together all dressing ingredients until well mixed. Stir dressing over bowl with chicken, and toss to coat. Serve on bread or croissants.

Left overs store great in the fridge! The original recipe called for pecans and dried cranberries (instead of grapes) but we really decided to just make it our own. It's a pretty adaptable recipe-so feel free to make it your own. I seriously debate throwing coconut in it every time (I'm coconut obsessed!).

Let me know if you like it! Love you both!

xoxo

Nicole




Recipe adapted from here

1 comment:

  1. Made this tonight and Chase and I loved it! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete