Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Cinnamon Roll Bread

Hi!

So I had been craving something sweet for a few days, but cookies weren't quite doing it for me, but I also wasn't patient enough to make something difficult. Then I found this recipe in my pins and decided I'd give it a try. Oh. My. Gosh. It's so, so good. I made it for us to have after dinner last night and loved it, then had it again for breakfast this morning and it was just as good - if not better. So I thought it would be a good one to share.

Cinnamon Roll Bread

Ingredients:

Bread:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg - lightly beaten
1 cup milk (I used 1% because that's what was in the fridge)
1 Tablespoon vanilla
1/3 cup sour cream

Cinnamon Swirl/Topping:
1/3 cup granulated sugar**
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 tablespoons water

Glaze:
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 Tablespoon milk

**Funny story... We ran out of sugar partway through this recipe (probably too much Kool-Aid recently) so I finished off our sugar, then filled up the rest of the measuring cup (probably 1/4 of it) with brown sugar and I think it tasted great!

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350° and spray the loaf pan with cooking spray.

Mix dry ingredients for bread in a medium bowl. In a small bowl combine and stir wet ingredients (starting with the egg so you can beat it a little). Combine these two bowls and stir with a spoon (no mixer necessary!). Pour into bread pan.

In another small bowl combine the ingredients for the cinnamon topping. Using your spoon drop spoonfuls of the mixture evenly over the bread. Use a knife to swirl it on the top - the deeper you put the knife in the bread mixture the deeper the cinnamon will bake in - totally personal preference!

Bake for 40 minutes (our oven cooks everything fast so feel free to add time if you need to), or until you can do the toothpick test and get a clean one.

Remove from oven and let cool for 15 minutes. Now we get to make the glaze!

Pour powdered sugar into a ziploc bag, then add milk. Zip it up and mix with your hands, making sure there aren't any pockets of powdered sugar left. Set aside.

Remove bread from pan and let it cool completely (I put it on the plate I wanted to frost it on at this point). When it's cool, cut a corner off of the bag and drizzle the glaze topping all over the top of the bread.

This was super easy to make, we both loved it, and it made my kitchen smell amazing. Definitely will be making this one again soon!

Loves, Jord

Recipe adapted from here

No comments:

Post a Comment