Wednesday, October 15, 2014

The Best Fondue Dinner You'll Ever Have

Ok, so the title of this post may sound extreme.

But people-I'm serious. This is the best dinner* fondue you'll ever have.

Assuming you like Parmesan cheese, but really, who doesn't like Parmesan cheese? That's like not liking to sleep in. And frankly I just don't get those people! But then again I am one of those people who grabs a handful of shredded Parmesan as a snack sometimes...)

So, like I said, assuming you are a normal sleeping-in-loving person you will love this fondue.

It's a family meal passed down from my darling Aunt, and I have to say it is one of my very favorite meals. So when I decided to celebrate the first ever annual Rau Fall Festival I knew that Parmesan Fondue just had to be the meal of choice. And boy, am I glad I did because my husband couldn't stop talking about how delicious it was.

So-do yourself a favor on these chilly fall evenings-make this fondue. You will not be disappointed.


Parmesan Fondue

1 1/2 Cup Milk
2 8oz packages of softened cream cheese
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 Cup fresh Parmesan cheese

Combine all ingredients over low heat. Cook until thick, stirring frequently. DO NOT BOIL!!! You don't want the milk to curd. If you start to get black or brown dots in your fondue, your milk is curdling-don't panic, but stir faster, and simultaneously turn the heat down lower.

When thick transfer the fondue to fondue pot, or simply use the pot you cooked it in, although you may need to keep stirring it. I like to dip the following into the fondue:

Stew meat
Steamed broccoli and carrots
Fresh bread cubed

But go wild, and dip whatever you think would be good then come back here and let me know, because you better believe we'll be eating this at least three more times this fall.

Enjoy!




*I had to add the dinner, because lets get real here-nothing beats chocolate fondue.

2 comments:

  1. This could not have been timed better. I've been wanting to do fondue, but not really wanting to deal with the oily mess from doing that. I'm so excited to try this next week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok finally got around to making this tonight and it was SO good! We ended up with way too much fondue though haha which just means we'll have to invite some people over next time we make it :)

    ReplyDelete