Thursday, October 30, 2014

Homemade Oreos

This is quite possibly one of the easiest recipes I make, and also one of the biggest hits. I made them for our ward Halloween/Trunk-or-Treat/Chili Cook Off last night and they were gone before we made it half-way through the line (seriously good ego boost). 

Bonus? My cousin loves them - one in each hand, some in his mouth, and still smiling. Hard to argue with that.P

Also I finally remembered to take pictures as I went! Yay! So here it is:

Homemade Oreos
Ingredients:
- Box of Devil's Food Cake cake mix (doesn't matter what kind)
- 1/3 cup of oil
- 2 eggs

Directions:
- Preheat oven to 350° 
- Mix all of the ingredients together (sometimes I add a little extra oil if it's dry)
- Take small spoonfuls, roll them into a ball, and place on cookie sheet
- Bake for 8-10 min
- Let cool
- Frost one with canned frosting or homemade (whichever you prefer), then top with another making a cookie sandwich! 
             **I've made both and personally prefer canned, because it doesn't harden like homemade**

Hope you guys like it!

Loves, Jord





Frosted with orange frosting for Halloween of course.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment