Thursday, September 11, 2014

Asian Quinoa Tuna Salad

Guys! Hi! I'm alive! I'm posting! Yay! I am so sorry I've been so MIA in the beginning weeks of this beautiful blog. Being homeless and finding housing, switching said housing at the last possible second and then moving into new said housing and doing school has proven to be quite the task! It has also meant lots of peanut butter and sodalicious for dinner and subsequently not being able to fit into my pants. Oops. I'll be a real human again soon enough.

Anyways, I digress.

Because I'm always running out the door in two seconds and have to take food with me to last all day, I've become a big fan of on the go meals. It's nice too, because I can make them healthy (goal--fit in aforementioned pants). SO. This was the yummiest salad I threw together with some things I had in my fridge/pantry and it turned out SO AWESOME. You must make this and take it to work. It is great and kept me full for a very long time.

The portion size is just for a one-person meal, but the amounts could be easily bumped up to feed tons of hungry humans. It's so easy and so yummy and versatile. If you don't have/don't like tuna, you could use chicken, any other kind of fish, anything you want, really!



Asian Quinoa Tuna Salad

1/4 cup cooked quinoa
3 oz (about 1/3 of a can) of tuna
1/3 cup shredded carrots (I didn't have any so I just chopped baby carrots)
1 red bell pepper
1 cup fresh baby spinach
Newman's Own Asian Sesame Dressing

Cook your quinoa of choice in chicken broth according to package instructions. I like chicken broth because it adds more flavor. Once cooked and cooled, add tuna, quinoa, carrots, bell peppers and spinach together in a bowl. Add dressing, mix and enjoy!


P.S. (Here's a better picture when it's not in work tupperware :) )


3 comments:

  1. This looks delicious! I love that you don't need to heat it up to eat it either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously! It's so amazingly easy and wonderfully delicious. And the bonus is little clean up and no extra heat from cooking :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok this looks WAY good. I'm going to have to make it for lunch ASAP!

    ReplyDelete